How to Find Betting Sites with Free Bets
Sport, games, and competition have always been integral parts of human civilisation and society. Throughout history, countless examples show how much we enjoy devising games to play, engaging in them with other people or spectating as the most skilled and experienced players put their talents to the test. Similarly, for almost as long as sports have been around, sport betting has also been hugely popular.
Whether you’re a fan of football gearing up for the next Premier League season or a hardcore golf fan looking ahead and trying to predict the winner of the next major tournament, the sports betting world is filled with exciting options. There are many different betting sites and online bookies out there to choose from, all offering countless betting markets across an ever-expanding myriad of different sports from around the globe.
While past gamblers had to actually visit brick and mortar betting shops to place their wagers, modern day sports betting is easier than ever, thanks to the incredible number of websites and betting apps. And since there are so many different betting options online right now, many of them have to devise new ways to draw in additional players. One of their most popular methods is by offering free bet offers.
How Does Free Sports Betting Work
Many of the best online bookmakers provide free bet offers for their users, including sign up offers that reward new users for making their accounts and welcome them in with some free bets or free cash, and other promos and bonuses that are available for loyal, long term users too. The premise behind these free bets UK offers is always the same: the betting sites need to find ways to attract players and keep them using their sites, rather than betting elsewhere.
It’s a win-win situation for the betting companies and the gamblers themselves. The companies get you signing up and using their sites, while you get some free cash or free bets to potentially win big money on upcoming sporting events and tournaments in your favourite sports. For this reason, it’s always important for shrewd punters to keep an eye on the latest deals and stay aware of any new bonuses from betting sites with free bets. The more you know about these bonuses, the less likely you are to miss out.
It’s also important to note that each and every free bet offer is different, even if they tend to follow the same basic rules. Different sites will have their own policies, terms, and conditions in place, so it’s always wise to read through the details of each offer and understand exactly how it works before taking advantage of it. Some of the best online betting sites will make their free bets easy to use and understand, but others might have some complicated aspects you need to be aware of.
Are Free Betting Sites Legitimate?
Many people worry when they see tempting promotional offers promising free bets and free cash to use on sports betting platforms. They worry that these offers are simply too good to be true and can’t possibly be legitimate, but the truth is that in the vast majority of cases, these offers are perfectly fair and really do work. As stated earlier, the online bookies need to provide these kinds of offers to attract new users, so it makes sense for them to provide legitimate, functional offers that can help you enjoy positive betting experiences.
However, do remember that in order to find legitimate risk-free betting, you need to sign up on legitimate sites. There are plenty of low-quality sites out there which don’t have licenses or player protection systems in place, so it’s always wise to consult reviews and recommendations. You can check out our list of recommended sports betting sites to find the best places to bet on your favourite games without having to worry about any security issues or other problems.
Is Risk Free Betting A Reality?
Once again, it might sound too good to be true, but with free bets, the concept of risk-free betting can become a genuine reality for you. Of course, the very nature of betting is that there’s always a risk, as you usually have to put up some of your own money and risk potentially losing it if your chosen bet or prediction doesn’t actually come through. However, with free bets and free cash, you’re not actually using your own money, so there’s no real risk of personal loss to you.
The only thing you stand to lose with the best free betting sites is your free bet, which doesn’t really impact you in any way. This is one of the biggest advantages of free bet offers, letting you place wagers in a stress-free way. If they come through, you win some cash. If not, you lose nothing. However, not every single offer can really be considered to be ‘risk free’.
This is because there are some free bet offers that involve a bit of risk on your part. For example, some UK betting sites will ask you to make a deposit or even place one or more bets before actually accessing your free cash or unlocking your free bets. This means you have to make an initial risk in order to get access to the free bonus. Again, this is just one more reason why it always pays off to read the details, terms, and conditions of every offer and know what you’re getting into each time.
How Do I Find the Best Betting Sites That Offer Free Bets
Clearly, free bets and free cash offers from online bookies are well worth making the most of. They can drastically enhance your betting enjoyment, letting you place bets with no strings attached and at no risk to your own personal finances. And with so many different sites out there offering increasingly attractive free bet offers, there’s certainly no shortage of awesome deals to take advantage of.
But how do you go about finding the best betting sites that can give you free bets and free cash? The first step is to take your time and do your research. The last thing you want to do is sign up for an unlicensed or unsafe site. To start off, read reviews and recommendations to learn more about the top betting sites out there and consult our pages of the best betting offers and free bets to quickly and easily find lists of awesome offers you can enjoy today.
We review many different betting sites, gauging their quality based on various factors like security, customer service, ease of use, odds, range of betting markets, payment methods, withdrawal speeds, and more. We only link to trusted, recommended sites and always take the time to ensure that the betting sites we share are of the highest quality and can help you enjoy fun betting in sports like football, horse racing, rugby, and more.
What Kinds of Free Bet Offers Can I Use?
There are various kinds of free bet offers out there to try out. Some of them are just for new users, while others are available for long term users too. Some of them are as simple as a £1 free bet on a high-profile sporting match, while others can give you hundreds of pounds in free cash to bet with. Here are some examples of the different categories:
- Sign Up Offers – One of the most common forms of special offer we see from online betting sites nowadays is the sign-up offer or welcome bonus. The best free bets sign up offers can provide new users of a site with plenty of free cash to spend on their bets, but the specifics of these offers can vary quite a lot, depending on the site you sign up with. Either way, these deals are exclusively available for new users, so if you already have an account with the site in question, you won’t be able to take advantage of them.
- Deposit Match – A deposit match free cash offer is another common form of betting site bonus. As the name implies, a deposit match is when the betting company will match the value of your deposit, giving you the same amount (or sometimes even double or triple the amount) in additional bonus cash to use for betting. It’s basically free betting money, but you often don’t get access to all of it right away and will need to place bets and gradually unlock access to this cash over time.
- Free Bets – Sometimes, betting sites will just give you free bets. Again, the rules of this can vary a lot. In some cases, an online bookie might need you to make a deposit or even place a bet of a set amount in order to be rewarded with a free bet. In other cases, the free bet will just automatically appear in your account (this is usually referred to as a no deposit free bet). Sometimes, the free bet may only be applicable for a certain event. For example, to celebrate a big football match like the Champions League final, a betting site might give its users a free bet on that particular game.
- Free Cash – As detailed in the ‘deposit match’ section, a free cash offer is one in which the betting site gives you free or bonus money to use on your future bets. Often, this money is held separately from the rest of your balance and can slowly be accessed in small chunks over time. You cannot simply withdraw free cash from betting site offers, as it needs to be used in bets first before basically ‘transforming’ into regular cash that can be withdrawn to your bank account.
Make the Most of Your Free Bets with These Top Tips
Free bets in all of their forms can change the game for online gamblers, giving you more opportunities to win big and put your sporting knowledge to the test, so it’s always worth grabbing these bonuses while you can and using as many as possible to give yourself the biggest chance of betting success. The following top tips can help you really get the best value from your free bets:
- Read the Details – As stated several times, one of the most important aspects when it comes to free bets is reading all the information carefully to learn fully about each free bet offer. By knowing how the offer works, you’ll be in the best possible position to decide whether or not you want to pursue it and how to activate it, i.e. by entering a special promo code or making a deposit into your account.
- Sign Up for More Than One Site – There’s no reason to limit your online betting to just one site. Many of the best sites offer welcome bonuses, and you can sign up for all of them and take advantage of those different sign up offers. Even if you just use the free bets and then deactivate your account, it’s still worth signing up and making the most of the offer while you can.
- Compare Odds – Even with free bets, it’s vital to seek value everywhere you can. If you’ve got accounts on multiple sites and free cash to use, don’t just place bets without taking the time to compare things first. You might find that the odds on one match or event are better on a different site, so it’s worth checking out a quick comparison in order to help your free cash go the distance.
- Treat Free Cash with Care – Many online gamblers fall into the common trap of using their free bets carelessly. With risk-free betting, you can often feel like there’s no need to be cautious or careful in the bets you place, so you can happily risk it all on a multiple or something unlikely to happen. However, free bets can still potentially win you a lot of cash if used carefully, so it’s wise to treat them just like you would your own money.